|BRITISH COLUMBIA ARTISTS|
Dr. John Matthew Lefevre was the C.P.R. doctor and first physician in the Vancouver City Hospital. He built the Lefevre Building at 601 West Hastings Street, where early art exhibitions were held, beginning in 1890. After his death the building was renamed the Empire Building, and has since been demolished.
Mrs. Lefevre exhibited a number of paintings in the First Annual Exhibition of the Vancouver Art Association in 1890.
Mrs. Lefevre also helped to organize early exhibitions of the Vancouver Studio Club.
|1890 October 6 - 11||V.A.A. 1st Annual Exhibition||The Columbia, Near Donald|
|Sunset at Kamloops|
|After the Storm|
|A Village Maiden|
"Honor to Mr. H. Abbott, Mrs. A. Lothian
Russell, Mrs. LeFevre, Mr. Mackintosh Gow
and others who are responsible for this interesting little exhibition. May their
ambitions be realized, may a permanent art gallery be a welcome addition to Vancouver's
public institutions, may art scholarships and art lectures in the near future be the
outcome of the earnest efforts of the little "bunch" of art workers and art lovers who
are unobtrusiveley doing such welcome service for the community today."
"Vancouver Studio Club Spring Exhibition"
B.C. Saturday Sunset, July 3 1909